INTERMEC Data Collection Resource Kit V5.10
2. Added “Quick Info” to Data Collection .NET classes.
4. Added SwedenPost and Infomail new symbologies.
5. Updated C++ sample applications in C++ .NET.
6. Added itcscan.dll to DC_Net cab file
1. Introduced the Data Collection Web API which supports CK6x - WM5 platform.
1. Fixed build error that caused Intermec Update to not function
3. Deprecated VirtualWedge class in .NET. Use SymbologyOptions class for Preamble and Postamble.
4. Deprecated SignatureCapture class in .NET. Use SignatureCapture2 class instead
5. Added WM6 library files path for Windows Mobile 6 devices.
6. Added ITC_CE5.0 library files path for Window CE 5 devices
7. Added Symbology and SymbologyOptions sample applications
8. Add ITCBarcodeReaderDemo Tutorial in help document and sample application in examples folder
1. Fixed length1, length2, and length3 settings for code39 in Symbology
1. Added APIs for Mag Strpe reader support in C.
2. Provided enhanced developer documentation.
3. Added the CK60 to the list of supported devices.
5. Fixed SDK/ITCSCAN SetDataLED error on 751g - Function call is returning ‘0xc1560002’
6. Fixed SDK/ITCSCAN_SyncRead error on 730 – returns Unknown Scanner Error if data is not available after Timeout.
7. Fixed SDK/ITCWedgeSetDataGid error on 730– mismatch between UserManual and SDK for the size of grid string.
8. Fixed SDK/ITCWedgeSetDataGrid error on 730 – should return error message if DataGrid string has more than 240 chars.
9. Fixed SDK/WedgeGetCodePage error on 730 – returns ITC_SUCCESS_SEVERITY instead of ITC_SUCCESS
10. Fixed SDK/ITCWedgeSetDataGrid error on CK30 – Should return error message if DataGrid string has more than 240 chars.
11. Fixed ImagerSample compilation error.
12. Fixed Linking error: unresolved external symbol ITCSCAN_CancelRead.
· Added Itcscan.cab file to support BarcodeReader class of DataCollection API on CV31
· Added DC_Net.cab file to support BarcodeReader class of DataCollection2 API on CV31
· All imager captures, which includes snapshot, signature capture, and document capture, are not supported on CV31.
· The MagneticStripe class is not supported on CV31.
· Added following properties in DataCollection2
· Added Macro and Extended focus options for ImagerCapture.ImagerFocusMethod property in DataCollection2
· Added Macro and Extended focus options for DocumentCapture.FocusMethod property in DataCollection
· Added the signature capture support properties in DocumentCapture class:
· Added the DocumentSignatureScenario class
· Added SignatureCapture event in DocumentCapture class
· Added Camera Support mentods, event and properties in document capture class:
- SnapshotCaptrue event
· Added signature capture image conditioning properties and deprecated legacy settings:
- ICColorMode, deprecated OutputFormat
- ICContrastEnhancement, deprecated ContrastEnhancement
- ICImageRotation, deprecated FlipPicture and MirrorPicture
- ICNoiseReduction, deprecated Filtering
- ICOutputCompression, deprecated FileOutputFormat
- ICOutputCompressionQuality, deprecated QualitySetting
- ICTextEnhancement, deprecated Sharpening
· Added Code mark in following symbology class:
- CCODE128 (Code128CodeMark and GS1_128CodeMark)
- CEANUPC (Ean13CodeMark , Ean8CodeMark, UPCACodeMark and UPCECodeMark)
- CGS1COMPOSITE (A_B_CodeMark and C_CodeMark)
· Added other new symbologies:
- Added CINTELLIGENTMAIL class which includes CodeMark, Enable and UserDefinedSymbologyId options
- Added UnconventionalCode39 in CCODE39
- Added UnconventionalStop in CPLESSEY
- Added MirroredLabels in CDATAMATRIX
- Added ReverseVideo and UnconventionalQRCode in CQRCODE
- Added UnconventionalGS1Composite in CGS1COMPOSITE
- Added BarcodeReader.ALL_SCANNERS, BarcodeReader.BT_SCANNERS, BarcodeReader.DEFAULT_SCANNER, and BarcodeReader.EXTERNAL_SCANNER static strings.
- Added BarcodeReadErrorEvent.getMessage method.
- Added the following Symbology inner classes: AUSTRALIAPOST, AZTEC, BPO, CANADAPOST, DUTCHPOST, GS1COMPOSITE, GS1DATABAROMNIDIR, GS1DATABAREXPANDED, GS1DATABARLIMITED, INFOMAIL, INTELLIGENTMAIL, JAPANPOST, PLANET, POSTNET, SWEDENPOST, and TLC39.
- Added several methods to the existing Symbology inner classes including methods that get and set code mark symbology identifier.
- Added Symbology.ALL_SCANNERS, Symbology.BT_SCANNERS, Symbology.DEFAULT_SCANNER, and Symbology.EXTERNAL_SCANNER static strings.
- Added SymbologyOptions.ALL_SCANNERS, SymbologyOptions.BT_SCANNERS, SymbologyOptions.DEFAULT_SCANNER, and SymbologyOptions.EXTERNAL_SCANNER static strings.
- Added SymbologyOptions.GlobalSymbologyID.CodeMark constant.
- Deprecated BarcodeReadEvent.BarcodeSymbologyID class and BarcodeReadEvent.Symbology field and replace them with BarcodeReadEvent.SymbologyIDs and BarcodeReadEvent.SymbologyID respectively. The new SymbologyID field will report proper value with ITCScan.dll version 4.02.00.1801 or higher. For older ITCScan.dll, the SymbologyID field will be set to 0.
- The following methods are deprecated in the BarcodeReadEvent class: addBarcodeReadCancelListener, removeBarcodeReadCancelListener, isContinuesScan, and setContinuesScan.
- The following methods are deprecated in the ScannerDevice class: getFilterGrid, setFilterGrid, isContinuesScan, and setContinuesScan.
- The following classes are deprecated: BarcodeReadCancelEvent, and BarcodeReadCancelListener.
- Fixed the BarcodeReader class so that it will override the default read buffer size with the aBufferSize parameter specified in the constructor. This fix requires ITCScan.dll version 4.02.00.1801 or higher.
- Fixed BarcodeReader.getScannerGroupDevices method to return an array of ScannerDevice objects without throwing java.lang.ClassCastException.
· Added Multicode options in SymbologyOptions class for configure the scanner to read a series of bar codes and then transmit them all at once. The Multicode requires itcscan.dll and bcSymbologyMapping.xml with version 4.02.00.1585 or higher. The Multicode options must supported in Intermec Settings.
· Added symbologies to support names change of ISO standard:
- Added GS1 DataBar Omni-Directional, deprecated RSS14.
- Added GS1 DataBar Limited, deprecated RSS Limited.
- Added GS1 DataBar Expanded, deprecated RSS Expanded.
- Added GS1 Composite, deprecated EAN.UCCComposite.
- Added GS1_128, GS1_128Identifier and GS1_128UserDefSymId in code 128. Deprecated EAN128, Ean128Identifier, and Ean128UserDefSymID.
- Added EAN/UPC, deprecated UPC/EAN.
- Added GS1_128Emulation in Aztec, depredated EAN128Emulation.
Data Collection V3.40 New Features:
· Added the Data Collection Web API. This API provides an ActiveX interface to the Data Collection Resource Kit. In the initial release, not all functions in the resource kit are supported, only access to ITCScan functions will be supported.
· Added image capture with full mega pixel image. As Data Collection V3.40, it only supports on CN4.
· No longer supporting Microsoft Compact Framework 1.0. As Data Collection V3.40, the DataCollection.CF1.dll is deprecated.
· Added new Java classes: SymbologyOptions, SymbologyOptionsException, VirtualWedge and VirtualWedgeException.
Data Collection V3.30 New Features:
Added SymbologyOptions clalss
· It allows users to setup preamble, postamble, and Global symbology ID options with BarcodeReader object and SymbologyOptions object. These options must be supported in intermec Settings. It also requires bcsymbologymapping.xml that is included in DC_Net.CAB file of DCRK3.30.
Added FlipPicture and MirrorPicture properties for SignatureCapture2 class
· The FlipPicture and MirrorPicture properties require itcimager.dll ver188.8.131.529 or later that is included in DC_Net.CAB file of DCRK3.30.
Added new symbologies options: These options must be supported in Intermec Settings. It also requires bcsymbologymapping.xml that is included in DC_Net.CAB file of DCRK3.20 (or later).
Added new symbologies: CPOSTNET, CPLANET, CBPO, CCANADAPOST, CAUSTRALIAPOST, CJAPANPOST, CDUTCHPOST, CAZTEC, CTLC39. It requires IVA_5.01.40.1685 installed in device
There was issue when using Data collection RK 3.40 with old itscan.dll. A MissingMethodException throws and gets the message 'GetScannedDataValues3' in a PInvoke DLL 'ITCScan.DLL'.". This issue was fixed in Data collection RK 3.50.
Data Collection V3.20
Added Intermec Update functionality. This is a feature that can be run manually or runs periodically to notify of any updates this resource kit.
Data Collection V3.10
Fixed NullReferenceException problem for multiple BT scanners are used. Added ITCScan_Open2 function in ITCSCAN. Users should also install ITCSCAN version 3.02.00.1133 or later.
Fixed problem that itcscandemo did not always get the correct number of chars from a barcode read.
Data Collection V2.4
Made functions in ITCADCMgmt.h work
with VS2005, if you are using an IVA version 4.03 or higher.
If your application must run on a device that has an IVA version lower than 4.03, and you are using this include file, you should define EVC_BUILD ahead of the line including this file, and build with EVC 4.2.
Data Collection V2.2
Both .NET and Java classes require an updated version of ITCScan.dll to support this feature. The minimum version requirement for ITCScan.dll is 3.0.0.0676 and is available on device OS builds that contain IVA version 4.03 or later.
The ScannerListener and the ScannerEvent classes are used for scanner event notifications. The ScannerDevice class provides methods to get/set device attributes and it is contained in the ScannerEvent and the BarcodeReadEvent classes to represent the scanner device that the event is pertaining to.
It allows you to control selected imager functions, view streaming video from the imager, and take snapshot pictures.
Build with this ITCSCAN.H to be compatible with older and newer versions.
Data Collection V2.1
There was a conflict between this class name and a property in VB.NET.
All imager captures, which includes snapshot, signature capture, and document capture, are not supported on CV31. The MagneticStripe class is not supported on CV31. The ResetFactoryDefault of Intermec.DataCollection2.CSymbology is not supported with DCE 6.40 on CV31.
An error can occur when you try to install Intermec software (such as IDL Resource Kits) using an invalid version of agent.exe. Agent.exe is part of Intermec's 3rd-party software update system called FLEXnet Connect – more commonly known as Intermec Update. Several Intermec Software components utilize FLEXnet Connect, such as SmartSystems, All IDL Resource Kits and Toolkits, DEX Toolkit and Verdex. This error may also occur if any 3rd party software that utilizes FLEXnet Connect has been installed on your system. If you encounter an error similar to: "The file 'agent.exe.4747EFCD_A8CE_4016_80F6_BCAD9FE72' is not marked for installation." please contact Product Support or Developer Support.
Imager class is not supported on CN50, and CK71/EX25 devices.
When using the Imager of Data Collection from toolbox in an application that is build with VS2008 and CF2, an InvalidCastException will occur when deploying application to a device. This is because the VS2008 designer automatically adds a BeginInit call and an EndInit call as it establishes controls pulled from the toolbox. In order to fix this issue, users can either delete ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.imager1)).BeginInit() and ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.imager1)).EndInit() from Form.Designer.cs file before an application is deployed, or just building an application with CF3.5 when using VS2008.
In DCRK 3.10 SignatureCapture2 only supports one scenario at time. It does not support multiple scenarios. DCRK 3.11 corrects this, and supports 4 scenarios.
The Java Imager class does not work with WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment (WEME) 5.7.1 for CE .NET 4.2 due to bugs in this version of JVM. If you would like to use this class on CE .NET 4.2 computers, you need WEME 5.7.2 or later.
Some versions of ITCImager.dll included on the devices broke the Java Imager class. For more information, please see ITCImager.dll note in the Native Library Dependencies section of “Intermec Data Collection Java Resource Kit.html”.
You are not able to use CSymbology class for CV60 CE. The bcSymbologyMapping.xml file that is required by the CSymbology class is missing in CV60 CE. You need to use "ExtScanner_1" for a tethered scanner (COM1) when you use CSymbology. Please contact Product Support for detailed information.
ActiveX controls are included for backward compatibility purposes only. The run time files are located in the "<install dir>\Intermec\Developer Library\Data Collection Resource Kit\Runtime\WCE420\Pocket PC 2003\WCE ARMV4" directory. ActiveX controls may be registered on the Intermec device by using the Microsoft utility REGSVRCE.
The ActiveX design time controls are located in the "<install dir>\Intermec\Developer Library\ActiveX Design Time" directory. To register the design time controls use the REGSVR32 program from Microsoft. For example, from the design time directory enter the following to register the MagCard ActiveX control on the desktop.
"regsvr32 /s MagCardX32.dll"
JPEG software is based in part on the Independent JPEG Group.
1) You need these hardware components to use the Intermec Data Collection Resource Kit:
Pentium PC, 400 MHz or higher
50MB Hard drive space for installation
2) Windows 2000 (Service Pack 2 or later) or Windows XP (Home, Professional, or Server) operating system is recommended.
3) Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 is required for developing .NET applications.
4) Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 is required for building C/C++ applications for most devices.
5) ActiveSync 3.7 or later (4.1 or later for Windows Mobile 5.0 devices or when using Visual Studio 2005) is needed to download the applications to the devices.
6) Data Collection API only supports WM5 or later platforms. See User Guide for detail support information.